Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Keokuk is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While WM J Kraus & Son always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call WM J Kraus & Son in Keokuk at 319-229-2318 today.