Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Keokuk are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from WM J Kraus & Son in Keokuk offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 319-229-2318 and stay comfortable this summer.