Having routine air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Keokuk summer, have the experts at WM J Kraus & Son perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call WM J Kraus & Son today at 319-229-2318.