As warmer weather rolls around, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Keokuk? Even if your cooling unit is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system examined yearly by a WM J Kraus & Son specialist can help locate small problems before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to take care of delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine minor problems before they become large, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and perform a cycle of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify issues before they lead to major troubles that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to premature meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should include a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing areas and components:
- Overall system order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with WM J Kraus & Son
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our WM J Kraus & Son pros a ring at 319-229-2318 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your next service.