With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your WM J Kraus & Son specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working at its best for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might harm your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at WM J Kraus & Son a call at 319-229-2318.